Science Alive stopped by Dillon Elementary. We were excited to meet all of the really cool animals.
Student View Scholarship 2014
Requirements: See application
Deadline: April 20, 2014
Michigan Sugar Queen Scholarship 2014
3.0 GPA, going to college or university in Michigan
Deadline: April 25, 2014
ELGA Credit Union – Carmen Lee Wilber Memorial Scholarship Program
Current member of ELGA Credit Union
Three $1000 awards based on merit
2.5 or higher GPA, entering college/tech school Fall of 2014 (provide evidence)
750-1500 word essay
See further details on application & policy from copies in the Guidance Office
Deadline: April 30, 2014
Mrs. Green’s and Mrs. Brownrigg’s class spent some time reading to each other at Dillon.
The Carman-Ainsworth FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition®) Team 314 did compete this last weekend at the Michigan FIRST® Robotics Competition State Championship with 63 other teams from around the state to to try and qualify for a spot at the FIRST® FRC Championship in St. Louis, MO. They had a fantastic weekend.
- Overall Qualifying Event Rank: 16th out of 64 teams in the Championship event
- Was the 2nd pick of the 3rd Seed Alliance
- Played in the elimination matches which went all the way to the finals. Big MO went undefeated through the eliminations with their partners.
- We are the 2014 Michigan FIRST® Robotics Competition State Champions. Our Alliance was Team 27 Team RUSH, Clarkston (Captain), Team 33 Killerbees, Clarkston and Team 314, Megatron Oracles.
- Because of the hard work, dedication and heart of this team, we are ranked 6th out of 277 teams that played in the State of Michigan with a grand total of 272 points earned in the 2014 competition season.
- Because of the points we have earned, we are now officially qualified to compete at the FIRST® FRC Championship in St. Louis, MO.
Our next competition:
FIRST® FRC Championship April 23 – 26, 2014
Edward Jones Dome
St. Louis, MO
Dillon Title I hosted the Literacy night for all families. Our building was full of students and parents taking a journey through our building learning, reading, and writing. Thanks to all who came and supported our building!
Dillon Kindergarteners got to dress up in their favorite sports team gear.
Dillon Kindergarten classrooms dressed as a story book character! Look how cute they were!
The Carman-Ainsworth FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition®) Team 314 did compete this last weekend at the Livonia FIRST® Robotics District Competition with 39 other teams from around the state to earn points at qualifying for a spot at the Michigan FRC State Championship. This was their third competition this year. They had a fantastic weekend.
- Overall Rank: 3rd in the District event
- Was the 2nd Alliance Captain
- Played in the Elimination matches which went all the way to the finals.
- We are also the 2014 Livonia FIRST® Robotics District Competition Finalists. Our Alliance was Team 314, Megatron Oracles (Captain),Team 503 Frog Force, Novi and Team 4327, Q Branch, Battle Creek.
- Because of these efforts we are currently in 4th place out of 277 teams that played in the State of Michigan with a total of 131 points earned towards the Michigan FRC State Championship.
- Because of the points we have earned, we have officially qualified to compete at the Michigan FRC State Championship.
- Also this last weekend , The Megatron Oracles FRC Team 314 are the 2014 Lansing FIRST® Robotics District Competition Chairman’s Award Winner. The District Chairman’s Award is the most prestigious award at FIRST®, it honors the team that best represents a model for other teams to emulate and best embodies the purpose and goals of FIRST®. The Chairman’s Award is presented to the team judged to have the most significant measurable impact of its partnerships among its participants, school and community over a sustained period, not just a single build season or school year. The winner is able to demonstrate towards FIRST®’s mission of transforming our culture. The recipient team will be invited to the Michigan State FRC Championship where it will compete for the Chairman’s Award against the winners from all the other district events.
This is what the judges had to say about the team. This team shared their journey with the judges that demonstrated what it means to have a simply mega attitude towards FIRST® and Engineering. This candidate wrote the book on raising the profile of STEM so that it will appeal to any kid with a curious mind and a willing hand. Our winning team travels to a nearby school or to an event hundreds of miles away just for the chance to share their energy, warmth and enthusiasm. By making their journey, this team without a doubt steered many towards the challenges and rewards of engineering.
Our next competition is:
Michigan FRC State Championship
April 10 – 12, 2014
At Eastern Michigan University Convocation
799 N. Hewitt Road
Ypsilanti, MI 48197-1701
The High School Marching band filled Dillon’s halls and played for our students. We were so excited to see all of the instruments!
For information on available funds as well as how and where to obtain assistance is now as simple as dialing 2-1-1. Whether you are looking for medical help, foreclosure prevention programs, shelter or utility assistance, help with food or clothing, or a multitude of other challenges your family may be facing, a call to 2-1-1 may provide the answers you are looking for. This FREE information and referral service, funded through your United Way, is available 24 hours a day-7 days a week.
Your call is answered by a call specialist who will assess your situation, help you locate services when and where available, and provide answers to your questions. Every call is handled with complete discretion and in a respectful manner.
Remember…just dial 2-1-1, at any time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.