Category Archives: Carman-Ainsworth District
It’s not late to register for CAHS summer volleyball camps. Click here to register.
- For Grades 7th thru 12th
- Location: CAHS Tennis Courts, 1300 North Linden Road
- For anyone new or with little tennis experience
- Wednesdays June 24th thru August 5th
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Fee: $50
- For students that have JV, Varsity or Club tennis experience
- Tuesday - Thursday June 23rd thru August 6th
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Fee: $95
Make checks payable to C-A Community Education
Call 810-591-3600 for more information and to register
Online registration available here: http://active13.active.
If you are 14-18 years old, in 9th-12th grade now and want to learn important skills to help you get and keep a job, then TeenQuest is for you! Sign up for TeenQuest today and discover how change starts with you!
Applications can be faxed to the number on the form, or mailed to:
Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
519 S. Saginaw Street, Suite, 200
Flint, MI 48502
DON’T MISS OUT!! Limited spots available!
Registrations paid thru June 30 are $160.00 which includes a $50.00 volunteer fee.
Registration packets are available in the offices at the elementary schools, in the office at Community Education, or by email. Fees are payable with Cash Only.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us either by messaging us on Facebook or by email. (Please do not call Community Education to answer questions. While they are kind enough to accept registrations for us, they are not part of CAYFCL and will not be able to answer questions).
We look forward to having your child participate with us this upcoming season.
Dye’s Fifth Grade Award Assembly Monday, June 8th at 2:30pm
- We will honor the accomplishments of our 5th grade students with an Awards Assembly.
- We invite all Dye 5th grade parents to join us!
Dye Parent Club
- PTC Officers for 2015-2016 School Year are:
- President: Cindy Wells
- Vice President: Cassandra Pollard
- Secretary: Stacey Spencer
Summer program – Workshops on Wednesdays (WoW) which will be held at UM-Flint for 9th – 12th grade students (in 2015-16). Students will receive workshops on core content (some held with college professors) leadership, diversity and team building, as well as tours of the campus, residential halls, etc. – all in an effort to prepare them for college. Best of all, it is FREE and breakfast and lunch is included.
Scholarship dollars are available for the 2015/16 Fall/Winter Semesters; the Planning Committee of the Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Tribute Dinner is offering two $1,000 scholarships to Genesee County area seniors. Below is a link to the scholarship criteria and scholarship application; application is due no later than July 15, 2015.
Mrs. Klein and Mrs. Keskes classes raised money all year popping popcorn on Fridays.
All of their hard work paid off on May 14th! The teachers surprised the classroom with a trip to see the Detroit Tigers!
And that was not all, with a generous donation from Mr. Lony Jarnigin’s (CA board member) GM Co-workers each student received a Tigers T-shirt. Another donation from a Dye staff member allowed them to experience each ride! The students were excited, happy and a little stunned! That is not the end of the story.
Immunization Clinic available for all residents of Genesee County. Schedule your appointment by calling 810-237-4588. Next clinic will be held on August 12, 2015 from 1:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Flushing Early Childhood Center, 409 Chamberlain, Flushing MI 48433. Immunizations are provided by Genesee County Health Department Staff.
Future Clinics are set for:
- August 18, 2015 from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m. at Woodland Park, 2083 E Grand Blanc, Grand Blanc MI 48439
- August 19, 2015 from 1:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Perry Center, 11920 S. Saginaw Street, Grand Blanc MI 48439
- August 20, 2015 from 1:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Carter Elementary, 200 Park Street, Montrose MI 48457
- September 3, 2015 from 1:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Clio High School, 1 Mustang Drive, Clio MI 48420